Expat Counselling and Psychotherapy Vienna
I am a qualified and accredited Gestalt Psychotherapist and Counsellor. In my private practice in Vienna I work with individual adults on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enabling you to enhance your life and to live it more fully.
Coming from Georgia I am an expat myself and I know how it feels to get adjusted to a new city like Vienna. Over the years working with expats has become a big part of my work as a therapist and counsellor. I enjoy working with people from different parts of the world to help them find their place in a new city- and inside themselves.
I offer consultations in two different practices. That gives you the chance to choose which practice is the easiest for you to reach:
As I have been travelling and working in different countries myself I know that the life of an expat can sometimes be challenging. In my counselling and psychotherapy practice I have been working with expats for a long time and experienced that many of my clients are suffering from diverse issues. Do you see yourself in one of them below?
- You suffer from loneliness and separation as you are far away from family and friends.
- It is hard for you to find a welcoming and helping community in Vienna.
- Exploring the Austrian culture and mentality is not just exciting and fun but can be exhausting as it is so different from your own.
- Being treated differently by local authorities as an expat gives you the feeling that you don’t quite belong here.
- The personal problems and thoughts you were able to repress in the past back home are coming on the surface as you are outside of your comfort zone and start to feel depressed, sad and insecure.
- You understand that leaving your home country had a lot to do with you sort yourself and your life out and to make a significant change.
- Looking for psychotherapy or counselling was crossing your mind before but you kept postponing it because you thought you can deal with all that on your own as you always did.
Facing all those problems listed above can be overwhelming and hard to deal with and in the same way it can be a real chance for a change in your life. Looking for help is the first courageous step. I want to help you to regain your capabilities and self healing forces to create the conditions of a happy and self-determined life.
Let`s work on profound and lasting changes with psychotherapy and counselling.
What issues can Therapy and Counselling help you with?
I have extensive experience of working with a wide range of emotional problems and issues in a variety of settings. These include:
- Low mood and depression and loneliness
- Anxiety, panic attacks, phobias
- Relationships including dealing with conflict, issues of trust, jealousy, problems forming or sustaining relationships.
- Anger management issues.
- Stress and difficulties with work and home life.
- Insomnia and sleeping difficulties.
- Being an Expat in a new city and all the issues that might come with it.
- Family problems - separation, divorce, difficulties with parents or siblings.
- Problematic habits and addictions such as internet, alcohol and drugs
- Lack of confidence and assertiveness or low self-esteem.
- Trauma, abuse and bullying and PTBS
- Life choices regarding personal identity, sexuality, career and parenting.
A bit about my work as a Psychotherapist and Counsellor
- My clients are central to my work, and my practice for psychotherapy and counselling was born from the desire to help people feel fulfilled, empowered and happy in their lives, wherever they are and whatever they are doing.
- In my private practice in Vienna I provide a quiet, safe, confidential, non-judgmental space where, with my professional help, you can explore and make sense of painful and overwhelming issues.
- As a Gestalttherapist I am able to draw flexibly on theory and techniques from a number of different approaches to personalize our therapy accordance with your needs.
Vienna, the city of my therapy and counselling practice
Over the years Vienna with its growing economy, remarkable history and culture became a city of interest for many people. Vienna has also been called the most livable city in the world for the ninth time in a row by Mercer, a well known consulting firm. The political, social and economic climate as well as medical care, education, air quality restaurants, theaters, sports facilities and the big number of green areas in the city are just a few of the many reasons why Vienna became a very fast growing city. Not only tourists get attracted to Austria`s capital but also expats from all over the world who want to start over and begin a new chapter of their lives by working and living there. It makes me very happy to see that Vienna is becoming a melting pot for many different cultures, languages and mentalities. I am a big Vienna fan and very thankful to be able to live and work in a great and adventurous city like this. I am located in different parts of Vienna to make it easy for you to reach my psychotherapy and counselling practice.
Therapy and Counselling Fees for my practice in Vienna
- I usually see my clients once a week. I can accommodate my clients’ needs; depending on your schedule we may want to meet more or less frequently than this or you may sometimes want to come for longer sessions.
- Sessions last for 50 minutes will cost 100,- €. Depending on your insurance company you get 28-40€ for each psychotherapy session back. Counselling Sessions are not covered by any insurance.
- You will be billed at the end of each calender month. I accept cash or on-line payment.
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
Viktor E. Frankl